From Tarifa, as a base camp of your accommodation, in addition to the small local excursions through the area, longer excursions can also be made. We have selected some that can be done even in the day, without obligation to spend the night in another place, Among these, the following stand out:
– Path of “Rio de la Miel” (Honey River) in Algeciras. Inside the natural park of Los Alcornocales an unforgettable walk through a beautiful valley, with spectacular vegetation, following a path parallel to the bed of the river of honey, which is full of natural pools, where you can even take a good dip, jumping from the rocks or with ropes tied to tree branches.
– The route of the white villages, crossing 19 municipalities of the region of La Janda, the region of the Sierra and the mountains of Ronda, crossing a multitude of scenery places, picturesque towns, with similar peculiarities, the so- called White Villages: Castellar de la Frontera, with its walled Castle now converted into rural lodgings and craftsmen's houses, Jimena de la Frontera, Arcos de la Frontera, etc. Until you reach the beautiful Ronda, amazing scenery old Village, Touristic Centre of the Region.
To the East:
– Gibraltar. The visit to the controversial Rock of Gibraltar is a must. The cultural jump half an hour away from Tarifa is spectacular. Being theoretically in another country, with its shops, with its red telephone cabins in the London style, is worth seeing, in addition to the mountain itself, the visit to the caves, the views and their monkeys. You cannot miss this.
– The luxury of Sotogrande , Marbella and Puerto Banus . Villas, large mansions, luxury yachts, golf courses, all kinds of shops and businesses. Luxury restaurants, etc. Something very different from Tarifa, very close and without any doubt, it enriches the diversity of the area.
To the south:
– Excursions to Morocco. Just 35 minutes by ferry from Tarifa, is the port of Tangier in Morocco. There are daily excursions that leave in the morning and return in the afternoon.
The excursion is simply spectacular, because of the culture shock so brutal of the Muslim Culture that the visitor suffers, in such a short space of time. It gives the feeling of having taken a plane, having gone far away on vacation and having returned and everything happens on the same day. The visit to the medina of Tangier, different shops, the food included in a local restaurant, the excursions to the most important areas around Tangier and the Medina, make this excursion one of the most attractive, that can be done from Tarifa.
In addition to this, of course there are much longer excursions, spending nights in Morocco and enjoying the wonderful neighboring country.
– Vejer de la Frontera, is a must-visit town. It is wonderful, located on the top of a mountain and walled, offers: history, tradition, cuisine, art, design, etc. and all in a white village, from the surnames “de la Frontera” (since in the wars of the Moors and Christians supposed border (frontera) between both sides, at some period in history) and this Village it is located just 40 minutes from Tarifa.
The excursion, of course, can continue to: Caños, el Palmar, Chiclana de la Frontera, Sancti Petri , Roche, the wonderful Tacita de Plata: Cádiz and even the Puerto de Santa María.
Of our apartments in Tarifa, all of them are the perfect base to stay and from there, make the excursions that we have explained in this section.